Dental Implants in Indian Trail, NC
Living with damaged or missing teeth isn’t easy. An unhealthy smile can contribute to low self-esteem, difficulty speaking and chewing, and even affect other areas of your body, including your heart. Luckily, restoring the health and beauty of your smile doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. At Indian Trail Dental Studio, Dr. Patel and her trusted team can help you achieve a healthy smile with natural-looking dental implants. Here’s what you should know about how dental implants could improve your quality of life before scheduling your consultation with Dr. Patel.
Exceeding Your Expectations
Your Smile is in Great Hands at Indian Trail Dental Studio
Overview of Dental Implants
Dental implants are used as a replacement for the root of a missing tooth using prosthetics. The implant acts as an artificial tooth root for a replacement tooth or dental bridge. They work by serving as long-term permanent tooth replacement to provide a natural teeth appearance and functionality. Dental implants are inserted into your jawbone, causing the two to eventually fuse together over time. This fusion is the closest tooth replacement option that mimics the abilities of your natural tooth.
Tooth Replacement Benefits
Dental implants offer a number of convenient benefits for patients who receive them, including:
- Ability to speak and chew with ease
- Natural appearance
- Preventing bone loss
- Keeping adjacent teeth stable
- Reducing gum disease
- Preventing facial sagging and premature aging
Types of Dental Implants
At Indian Trail Dental Studio, we are proud to offer three types of dental implants.
- Endosteal implants, which are the most common type. These are best and most suitable for most patients. They are inserted into the patient’s jawbone for maximum strength and durability.
- Subperiosteal implants are alternatives that are fixed on top of the bone instead of into the jawbone. These are used when a patient doesn’t have enough jawbone available to support an endosteal implant.
- Zygomatic implants are the third and most complicated procedure. They are only recommended if there is not enough jawbone that exists.
Dental Implant Procedure
- She will create a personalized treatment plan for you based on your unique oral health needs.
- Once the procedure takes place, she will thoroughly numb the area of your mouth where the implant will be placed.
- Then, she will carefully insert the implant under your gum line and into your jawbone. You’ll be sent home with a dental bridge to use while your gums heal and the implant fuses into your jaw bone. This can take anywhere from 6-12 weeks.
- After your gums have healed and the fusion has occurred, Dr. Patel will attach an abutment to your dental implant.
- Finally, she will place a dental crown onto the abutment, which will complete your procedure.
Your mouth may be sore after your procedure; taking an over-the-counter pain reliever can help as needed. It’s important to avoid using a straw, smoking, and spitting while your gums are recovering from having the implant placed. Once the abutment and dental crown have been placed in your mouth, be sure to practice good oral hygiene to keep them strong for a lifetime.
Are Dental Implants Safe?
The technology used to make and place dental implants has come a long way in recent years. Because of this, dental implants are extremely safe and are reliable with a 95% success rate. If you have questions about the safety or reliability of teeth implants, please contact our office to learn more.
How Long Do Teeth Implants Last?
Dental implants can last up to a lifetime with proper care and evaluation, including check-ups every 6 months. The dental crown usually lasts 10 to 15 years before it may require a replacement due to normal wear and tear.
Cost of Dental Implants
The cost of your dental implant will depend on the type of implant you receive as well as your dental insurance policy. For more information on your dental insurance plan, please contact our office.
Enhance Your Smile with Dental Implants at Indian Trail Dental Studio
When it comes to restoring your smile with dental implants in Indian Trail, NC, Indian Trail Dental Studio is unmatched in professional, quality care. Dr. Patel is an expert in dental implant placement due to her extensive training and accolades for improved patient care when pertaining to permanent teeth replacement. She has taken numerous classes and places over 100 dental implants for patients and their well-being. To learn more about how dental implants can benefit you, call to schedule your initial consultation today!