Dental Cleanings in Indian Trail NC
Dental Cleaning Overview
In the simplest terms, dental cleanings serve as physical exams for the entire month! Cleanings allow your provider to remove plaque and tartar before brushing away debris and doing some expert flossing. At Indian Trail Dental Studio in Indian Trail, NC, we offer our patients comprehensive teeth cleaning services tailored to their unique needs.
Exceeding Your Expectations
Your Smile is in Great Hands at Indian Trail Dental Studio
Affordable Basic Dental Cleanings
Dental cleanings are one easy and important way to minimize tooth decay, gum disease, and bad breath. We always recommend that our patients schedule routine dental cleanings in order to:
- Avoid extensive, costly dental procedures and save money
- Spend less time at the dentist’s office
- Keep your teeth white
- Maintain oral health
Is a dental cleaning the same as a dental exam?
No. Dental cleanings and dental exams are different. Teeth cleanings are most beneficial when they’re carried out twice a year. Dental exams also involve more thorough measuring and charting than cleanings do.
- Dental exams include an evaluation of the teeth and gums alongside x-rays and other imaging; these exams evaluate complete oral health
- Dental cleaning encompasses the removal of plaque and tartar with further cleaning and flossing
Why are dental cleanings important?
Dental cleanings help keep your mouth free of plaque and tartar. They also provide your dentist with a chance to assess your oral health. While cleanings are not as extensive as exams, they still allow your dentist to see into your mouth and look for signs of problems.
What happens during a dental cleaning?
Teeth cleaning includes a full comprehensive exam alongside imaging and removal of plaque and tartar. Prior to the cleaning, we walk our patients through an additional step. All of our patients sit down with our doctor for an introduction and to allow an opportunity for all dental questions to be answered.
Your dental cleaning will involve:
- A physical exam: To check the teeth and gums for signs of disease and decay
- Removing plaque and tartar: Your dentist will remove plaque and tartar between the teeth and around the gum line
- Gritty toothpaste: To help carefully polish the teeth; this toothpaste is safe to use twice or so a year, but shouldn’t be used at home
- Flossing: To remove leftover toothpaste and plaque
- Rinsing: To clear the mouth
- Fluoride treatment: To help protect teeth and fight cavities
Your dental cleaning may include an x-ray, too. They are usually taken once a year. Children may be recommended to get molar sealants during cleanings in order to prevent cavities in tough-to-reach areas.
How long does a dental cleaning take?
At our office, we allow sixty minutes per cleaning. This allows ample time to develop the patient-provider relationship. We take pride in our patients knowing their doctor– and knowing she’s an important part of our practice, too!
How often should I get my teeth cleaned?
Dental professionals recommend that everyone receive a routine dental cleaning every six months.
How much is a dental cleaning?
A dental cleaning through our office costs $125.
Schedule Your Next Dental Cleaning with Hasmi R. Patel, DMD at Indian Trail Dental Studio
Dental cleanings are one of the only ways to ensure that a dentist regularly examines your mouth. They also provide an excellent opportunity to brighten up your smile and remove pesky plaque and tartar that have built up near your teeth.
If you are looking for an affordable dental cleaning in the Indian Trail area, reach out to us today to find out more about our teeth cleanings and other dental offerings. We do things differently at our practice– we take pride in our work, and a dentist does everything for you instead of a hygienist! Dr. Patel enjoys handling all aspects of dentistry for her patients.