Indian Trail Dental Studio – Dental Crown
Broken, misshapen, and weakened teeth can have a significant impact on a person’s everyday life. If you are living with a severely damaged tooth, a dental crown may help restore the function and appearance of your smile quickly and conveniently. At Indian Trail Dental Studio in Indian Trail, NC, Dr. Patel and her experienced team are eager to improve the health of your teeth with modern restorative dental treatments, including dental crowns. Here’s what you should know about how a dental crown could benefit you before scheduling your free consultation at Indian Trail Dental Studio.
Exceeding Your Expectations
Your Smile is in Great Hands at Indian Trail Dental Studio
What Are the Types of Dental Crowns?
At Indian Trail Dental Studio, we are proud to provide a variety of different dental crown options to meet the unique needs of your mouth. These include:
- Composite Resin
- A Combination of Porcelain and Metal
When choosing which type of tooth crown is right for you, it’s important to consider the crown’s function, visibility within your mouth, the color of the surrounding teeth, and cost. Dr. Patel can help you decide which material would be the best option for you.
What Are the Benefits of a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are one of the most common solutions for weak, damaged, or severely worn teeth, and for good reason. Tooth crowns come with numerous benefits, including:
- Strengthening and Protecting Weak Teeth
- Restoring the Shape, Color, and Size of Damaged Teeth
- Being a Durable, Long-Term Solution
If you have a tooth that is weak, damaged, or has a severe aesthetic concern, a dental crown could help you achieve a more natural-looking appearance while strengthening and protecting your existing tooth.
What’s Involved in a Dental Crown Procedure?
Dental crown procedures can vary depending on the type of crown the patient needs, but the most conventional is:
- Multi-Day Procedure: Most dental crown procedures require two appointments. During the first appointment, Dr. Patel removes 1.0-2.0 mm from all sides of the tooth that will receive the crown. This is an important step to ensure the crown will fit securely over the damaged tooth. Next, Dr. Patel will make an impression of your tooth. Then, she will fabricate a temporary crown and place it on top of the damaged tooth until the permanent crown is complete, which usually takes about two weeks to make. Once your customized dental crown is complete, you will return for your next appointment where Dr. Patel will remove the temporary crown and cement the permanent one in place.
You shouldn’t experience any pain during your dental crown procedure. With the help of local anesthetics, the area surrounding your damaged tooth should be completely numb throughout the entire treatment.
How Should I Care for My Dental Crown?
Practicing good oral hygiene is the best way to ensure that your dental crown stays in good condition for many years. These tips can help your crown stay in tip-top shape:
- Brush and floss diligently twice a day
- Avoid biting down on hard foods and items, such as ice
- Sleep with a mouth guard if you grind your teeth at night
- Visit Dr. Patel every six months for routine exams and cleanings
By taking the time to properly care for your dental crown, it’s possible for it to last for a lifetime without needing to be replaced.
How Much for Dental Crowns Cost?
The cost of your dental crown will depend on the type of dental insurance you have. For more information on what your specific dental insurance policy covers, please contact our office.
Achieving a healthy, functional smile doesn’t have to be out of your reach. Contact the friendly team At Indian Trail Dental Studio to learn more about how a dental crown could help improve your smile today!